26 Sep 2013

Review: Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream


Snail slime has become all the rage in recent years and I must admit when I first heard about it I was like, "Eew. Never." But when I started having problems with my skin due to fluctuating hormones I was desperate to get a quick fix and apparently snail mucus is the miracle cure-all for skin issues.

So about 3 months ago I saw that the Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream was on 50% sale for W19 000 (about $19) online and decided to take the plunge. The claims are that snail mucus (derived from your garden variety fellas) cures acne, dry skin, oily skin, aging skin, tired skin, reduces pore size, brightens skin, evens out skin tone, reduces redness...you get the picture. As you can imagine I was quite excited to try out this miracle in a jar, but I was also curious as to how it would look and feel. I expected something slimy, like algae growing at the bottom of a pond and sticky like diluted syrup, but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and I tried it for the first time.



Let me just say off the bat that this is not a moisturiser by any means. It should be applied before your regular moisturiser as it acts more like a serum or emulsion. The texture is like silky water at first and then quickly absorbs into skin and leaves no residue. I sometimes apply it after my moisturiser before putting on my BB cream or foundation in the morning as it's very effective in controlling my oily areas. Also, I was expecting a bad breakout after stopping the pill (I've gotten pretty bad breakouts in the past after stopping) but since using the snail cream I've only had tiny blemishes that disappear after a day or two and any redness or inflammation is gone the next morning after using my cream at night. My skin is also more even and I've also noticed a definite reduction in redness. As for the age reversing properties  and pore size reduction, I haven't noticed any differences, but if you have combination skin that breaks out or red, blotchy skin, I highly recommend trying this out.

Another little benefit I've found with this product is when applied to scratches and sores, it helps them heal faster and prevents scarring. All in all it's a product that really works for me and I can highly recommend if your skin needs some TLC. I don't think I'll pay the full retail price of W39 000 (about $39), but thankfully they always have sales online, so I can get my snail slime fix whenever I run out.

xo

1 comment:

  1. waa this product has so many rating everywhere :D
    going to have it soon hehe :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...