22 Oct 2013

Review: Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask


The Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask is the upgraded version of their popular Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask. It promises to:
  • deep cleanse pores, ridding them of sebum and impurities 
  • exfoliate the skin by removing dead skin cells
  • enhance skin tone 
  • tighten pores, and
  • provide a cooling effect
I've been using this mask once a week for almost three months now and can safely say it's the nicest clay mask I've tried in Korea so far. I prefer clay masks nowadays, because my skin is oily and dry at the same time, so this type works better for me than those soaked fabric mask sheets that are widely available in every cosmetic store here. If you have normal or dry skin, I think those would work better as they are very moisturising.

The super volcanic clay mask contains volcanic clusters in the form of little beads which supposedly carry all the magic properties, like instantly removing all kinds of skin troubles such as blackheads, whiteheads, enlarged pores. The formula is "4-free" i.e. free of animal ingredients, ethanol, artificial colour and mineral oil.
 

The mask texture is very thick and contains the volcanic cluster capsules which is pretty unique, but I was quite disappointed with how quickly the product went stiff/thick after opening. The initial texture was smoother and easier to apply, but after a couple of weeks I noticed that the product was getting harder and harder to get out of the jar. I now have to mix it with a few drops of water in order to get it smooth enough to apply. I also wish they had given a spatula with it as I really don't like using my fingers in the jar as it makes a mess and is unhygienic. They recommend leaving the mask on for 10-15 minutes, so that's what I do. The mask dries pretty quickly, but doesn't become so stiff that you're unable to talk or move your face. It's a little hard to rinse if you don't massage some water into your face to soften the dried product, but if you do this first it comes off pretty easily.

I really like the way my skin feels after using this product. True to their claims, it does have a cooling effect and my skin is softer and smoother too. The effects don't last very long though, and I also haven't noticed that it rids my pores of black or whiteheads, (perhaps slightly, but nothing to write home about.) I do, however, like the fresh, deep cleansed feeling after using this mask and it hasn't irritated my sensitive skin at all.

At only KRW13 000 ($13) for a 100ml jar it's really affordable and while it's no miracle in a jar, it's not awful by any means and a nice one to try if it's your first time buying a clay mask or if you have only slightly unbalanced skin or simply want to give your skin a bit of a pamper.


xo
 



1 comment:

  1. apparnetly this mask is actually "7-free"?
    Really nice review~ I actually love this mask :D
    please check out my review?
    http://charrmyn.blogspot.com/2014/05/review-innisfree-super-volcanic-pore.html

    xx Charmaine
    Charrmyn [Click!~] New Innisfree Review [Click!]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...